5 days ago
Alzheimer's Research UK in Yorkshire and North East
We're currently setting up a new and exciting Alzheimer's Research UK Fundraising Group for the Wetherby area and we're currently looking for a volunteer to fulfill the role of treasurer. Our Fundraising Groups act as local ambassadors in their areas, organising local events such as coffee mornings, race nights and collections, displaying posters in local businesses and encouraging clubs, community groups, schools and other individuals to support us.
Our Fundraising Groups are such important volunteers to us. They allow us to have a greater presence across the UK which we wouldn’t otherwise have. Groups raise funds and vital awareness amongst their local communities.
If you’ve got what it takes to become the treasurer for our new and exciting Wetherby Fundraising Group, you’ll be involved in:
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of income and expenditure
- Depositing cheques and/or cash into the charity bank account
- Emptying, counting and banking cash from collecting pots
- Promoting gift aid to donors and other members of the group
- Reporting regularly to the group and ARUK on the financial situation of the group
No matter how busy your lifestyle, this role can will fit around your commitments. You can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Numeracy and book keeping skills
- Honesty and reliability
- A passion for the work of Alzheimer’s Research UK