about 2 months ago
Alzheimer's Research UK in Yorkshire and North East
We're currently setting up a new and exciting Alzheimer's Research UK Fundraising Group for the Wetherby area and we're currently looking for a volunteer to fulfill the role of secretary. Our Fundraising Groups act as local ambassadors in their areas, organising local events such as coffee mornings, race nights and collections, displaying posters in local businesses and encouraging clubs, community groups, schools and other individuals to support us.
Our Fundraising Groups are such important volunteers to us. They allow us to have a greater presence across the UK which we wouldn’t otherwise have. Groups raise funds and vital awareness amongst their local communities.
If you’ve got what it takes to become the secretary for our new and exciting Wetherby Fundraising Group, you’ll be involved in:
- Dealing with correspondence to and from the group.
- Assisting with the group’s fundraising in the local area.
- Thanking supporters for their donations.
- Taking and distributing the minutes at group meetings.
No matter how busy your lifestyle, this role can will fit around your commitments. You can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Honesty and reliability
- A passion for the work of Alzheimer’s Research UK