2 months ago
Alzheimer's Research UK in Yorkshire and North East
We're currently setting up a new and exciting Alzheimer's Research UK Fundraising Group for the Wetherby area and we're currently looking for a volunteer to fulfill the role of chair. Our Fundraising Groups act as local ambassadors in their areas, organising local events such as coffee mornings, race nights and collections, displaying posters in local businesses and encouraging clubs, community groups, schools and other individuals to support us.
Our Fundraising Groups are such important volunteers to us. They allow us to have a greater presence across the UK which we wouldn’t otherwise have. Groups raise funds and vital awareness amongst their local communities.
If you’ve got what it takes to become the chair for our new and exciting Wetherby Fundraising Group, you’ll be involved in:
- Chairing group meetings.
- Acting as the main contact for the group and liaising regularly with ARUK.
- Leading the group to raise as much money as possible for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Co-ordinating the group’s fundraising and awareness activities in your local area.
- Representing ARUK and the group in your local area.
- Encouraging and supporting other members of the group in their activities
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from ARUK and helping to support and promote other ARUK events in the area
No matter how busy your lifestyle, this role can will fit around your commitments. You can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- An ability to be a strong team player and leader of the group
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Honesty and reliability
- A passion for the work of Alzheimer’s Research UK