VOLUNTEER TRUSTEE @ Charity Changing Lives Through Music
|Job Title:||VOLUNTEER TRUSTEE @ Charity Changing Lives Through Music|
|Salary:||Voluntary Trustee Position|
|Contact Name:||Neil Jennings|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2020 11:42|
Accounting for International Development (AfID) offers volunteer assignments for accountants and auditors across the UK, Africa, Asia & South America including Trustee/Treasurer roles and financial capacity building placements from 2 to 12 weeks.
Our partner provides grants of around £350,000 every year to enable thousands of children and young people across every London borough to develop their musical potential.
They do this through their unique four-year instrumental Scholarships programme, for children from low-income families, and through collaborative partnership projects in inspiring venues, enabling young musicians to learn from and perform alongside professionals. Since January 2012 they have worked with over 10,000 aspiring young musicians with more accessing their programmes every term.
The CEO manages the day-to-day finance (on Xero) but they would like to find qualified accountant to join the Finance Committee, and help them prepare the monthly and quarterly accounts; covering the following:
- Join the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee; this committee oversees all monthly income and expenditure, pledged income and grant payments, forward planning and run-off scenarios, and works with the auditorsm annually to prepare the accounts.
- Be a signatory on all bank accounts, and also be a secondary approver for all BACS payments.
- Support the CEO to ensure all monthly management accounting and bookkeeping is up to date.
- Assist the CEO in working with the auditors on the end of year accounts.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a professional finance / accounting role, ideally with treasurer experience.
- Familiarity with Xero as an accounts package (not essential)
- Experience of working with charity accounts
- Able to attend x4 meeting per year for both the Board of Trustees and the Finance Committee and offer occasional support to the CEO by phone / email. Trustees are appointed for a 3-year term initially.
- 8 meetings per year