Volunteer Treasurer / Accountant
|Job Title:||Volunteer Treasurer / Accountant|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lucie Brooke|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2021 16:23|
Free2B Alliance is a Community Interest Company supporting the LGBTQ+ community. Free2B has three key service areas:
- Support for LGBTQ+ young people via youth clubs and 1:1 mentoring
- Support for parents of LGBTQ+ children, via Proud Parents group & 1:1 mentoring
- Delivering LGBTQ+ awareness training, to foster an inclusive environment within education establishments and organisations across the sectors.
Volunteer Treasurer role description & person specification
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The role and person specification are summarised below.
General financial oversight.
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- To liaise with designated staff about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
Financial planning and reporting.
- To prepare the annual accounts to be filed with Companies House.
- To prepare regular income statements for the committee.
- To present financial reports to the committee.
- To advise on the organisation’s reserves policy.
- To advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
Qualities and Skills
- Formal financial qualifications and experience – essential for annual accounting requirements
- An inclusive approach with a clear understanding and awareness of LGBTQ issues
- Experience of financial control and budgeting.
- Experience & understanding of the Community Interest Company structure & relevant legislation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Good time-keeping.
Time Commitment Required.
The role of the Treasurer requires an estimated commitment of: 1 day per month
We are seeking someone who can offer a commitment of approximately one day a month and it would be helpful if the Treasurer was willing to be available occasionally for advice and enquiries as appropriate.
We have an office base in Battersea as well as working from home and utilising online meeting platforms and therefore the role can be remote.
For the right person, there is long term potential for the role to develop into a voluntary Directorship.
If you are interested in this voluntary position, please send your CV with a short covering letter, or get in touch if you’d like to discuss the role:
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's