Volunteer Treasurer at St Francis Home for Animals
|Job Title:||Volunteer Treasurer at St Francis Home for Animals|
|Salary:||0 - 0 Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Sensier|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2019 10:34|
This is an exciting role for a suitably qualified person wishing to contribute their skills and time to the community as a volunteer. As a member of our Board of Trustees you will provide high-level oversight of our finances as well as being responsible for day-to-day finances.
We are at an early stage in our thinking about major building works at the Home and the Treasurer will have a key role to play in this, as well as in the financial forecasts of the effect of re-shaping our operations to ensure long-term financial strength.
Key elements of the role
• Oversight of all aspects of the charity’s financial management to safeguard the charity’s finances and ensure long-term sustainability
• Financial planning and budgeting including budgets and forecasts for new or ongoing work and advising on financial implications of strategic and operational plans.
• Financial Reporting including regular reports to Trustees and preparing accounts for audit (and liaising with the auditor). Advising on the organisation's reserves and liaison with the charity’s investment managers. Filing Trustees’ Report and Accounts as required.
• Liaison over funding and sales, as well as fundraising which is led by another Trustee.
• Banking, book keeping, record keeping and VAT / tax compliance
• Control of assets including insurances
• A recognised financial qualification and relevant financial experience
• Ideally experience of charity finance, including tax
• A commitment to the mission of St Francis Dogs Home
• A willingness to meet the time requirement
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement and a willingness to speak their mind
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• An ability to work effectively as a member of the Trustee team and to take decisions for the good of the charity
If you are interested in this role please email email@example.com for further information or to arrange an informal chat. We are aiming to invite interested parties to meet other Trustees at the beginning of July.