VOLUNTEER TREASURER @ Charity Providing Legal Action for Community
|Job Title:||VOLUNTEER TREASURER @ Charity Providing Legal Action for Community|
|Contact Name:||Neil Jennings|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2020 16:04|
Accounting for International Development (AfID) offers volunteer assignments for accountants and auditors across the UK, Africa, Asia & South America including Trustee/Treasurer roles and financial capacity building placements from 2 to 12 weeks.
Our partner helps people in South West London access justice, by providing specialist legal advice on debt, housing, employment, welfare benefits and immigration.
As well offering services in social welfare law, they also offer a wide range of pro-bono clinics aimed at alleviating stress, injustice and poverty in the community. Their catchment area includes six London boroughs, and they continue to help more than 8,000 people a year.
Their current treasurer will be standing down at their next AGM in February 2020 having served the full term, and they are looking for a replacement who believes in access to justice and helping people to uphold their rights.
- Monitoring the financial standing of the charity and report to the Board and CEO regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Overseeing the financial risk-management process and report financial health to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on cheques and applications to funders ensuring that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues, ensuring that the finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- The Board meets six times a year and the Treasurer is expected to be present if available
- You will be a member of a Finance sub-committee which will meet 6 times in a year prior to Board meetings
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's