FINANCE VOLUNTEER @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps
|Job Title:||FINANCE VOLUNTEER @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps|
|Salary:||Voluntary Treasurer Position|
|Contact Name:||David Busby|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2019 09:54|
Accounting for International Development (AfID) offers volunteer assignments for accountants and auditors across the UK, Africa, Asia & South America including Trustee/Treasurer roles and financial capacity building placements from 2 to 12 weeks.
Our partner supports the post-secondary education of refugees and displaced persons in Kenya, South Sudan, Sudan & Uganda. They are seeking a replacement for their retiring Treasurer and Secretary.
The charity is UK-based and ultimately serves as the endowment fund to a few East African subsidiaries that provide education and schooling in some of Africa’s largest refugee camps. The charity needs support from ideally one person who could provide Treasurer and financial administrative support to the Trustees.
- Keeping financial records
- Investment tracking
- Receipts and Payments
- Management Accounts
- Annual Report and Accounts
- Attendance at Trustee Meetings
- Drafting letters
- Compliance issues
- Setting up necessarrily formalities
- Management accounts/Charities SORP experience
- Experience liaising with auditors
- Ideally experience of grant-making to international charitable organisations and investment management liaison
- 1 day per month (plus triannual meetings)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's