|Job Title:||Volunteer Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Alison Hughes|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2019 20:25|
West Glamorgan County Girl Guiding: Volunteer Treasurer
Guiding is the largest Volunteer organisation in UK. Girls take what they do in guiding with them as they grow up. Everything from working in a team, to taking the lead, to speaking out on issues they care about. We help them develop skills and confidence to become the young women they want to be, making a difference to the world around them.
West Glamorgan County Girl Guiding own a beautiful Activity Centre, in the heart of Gower. Formerly a Victorian School which has been preserved and facilities upgraded. A vacancy for the post of Outdoor Activity Treasurer now exists.
Qualifications and experience: requirements
The ideal candidate should have book-keeping and/or accounting experience. They should be located in the Swansea Area and the Gower Peninsula. You will become part of a well established volunteer team of Girl Guiding who work to make this centre run smoothly for the benefit of the Community and those who travel to stay in the beautiful Gower location. Knowledge of fundraising and grants would also be an advantage.
This will vary but allow 1 hour a week, plus evening meetings possibly on a quarterly basis,
We would be looking for a candidate to take this role for 3-5 years.
Please use email to contact the West Glamorgan Girl Guiding County Commissioner, Julie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further appropriate information
The District is registered with the Charity Commission and Parkmill Guide Activity Centre has its own Charitable status.
County Treasurer for the County will be the direct contact for this post holder, liaising with County for Annual Accounts. The AGM is held in November every year. The accounts are worked on a Receipts and Payments basis.
- Act as Treasurer Parkmill Guiding Activity Centre
- Work closely with the Guiding Committee running Parkmill Guide Activity Centre
- Set the Budget for the Parkmill Guide Activity Centre
- Work with County Treasurer and ensure the completion of Annual accounts
- Ensure the completion of the Annual accounts for Parkmill Guide Activity Centre in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Charities Commission
- Maintain such records and lists of members and associate members for the efficient administration of the West Glamorgan County Guides
- Maintain effective communication with the County Commissioner and County Treasurer and other members of the Executive Committee
- Be a full and active member of the Executive Committee
- Receive all monies on behalf of the West Glamorgan County Girl Guiding, to keep account of all funds and to pay out on authorisation from Parkmill Guide Activity Centre.