Volunteer Role - One Loud Voice for Women Treasurer/Company Secretary
|Job Title:||Volunteer Role - One Loud Voice for Women Treasurer/Company Secretary|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2021 14:18|
This is a volunteer role for One Loud Voice for Women, a not-for-profit organisation currently in the process of becoming a charity, which aims to mobilise and bring together the many groups tackling the continuing barriers for women in the UK workforce.
We are looking for 1-2 days a month of support from an experienced accountant or charity finance manager to be our treasurer. This role is for a remote worker, with the possibility of occasional travel to London (This is not mandatory)
We are particularly looking to diversify our board and are committed to ensuring that people with a diverse range of skills and experience and background are encouraged to apply and contribute.
To oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice. The role will ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
Support the monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the organisation and oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
Fulfil company secretary duties and ensure legal documents for the charity are authorised by the board.
Duties may include:
• Liaise with relevant subgroup members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
• Make board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
• Report the financial position at quarterly committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
• Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
• Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
• Support the appointment of auditors
• Undertake bookkeeping duties and/or oversee the finance volunteer ensuring posting and bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
• Arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
• Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
We are looking for:
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
• Good financial analysis skills
• Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
• Ability to communicate numbers clearly and an interest in supporting board members with less financial experience.
Please email your CV and a short cover note to our Chair Alex Delaney at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are reviewing applications as they come in, but we would like to receive all expressions of interest by 14 June 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's