Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
|Job Title:||Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator|
|Reference:||Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator|
|Contact Name:||Lydie Gahoua|
|Job Published:||August 18, 2020 23:28|
Support us to recruit volunteers to offer online tuition to vulnerable pupils.
Help us to recruit high calibre volunteers and offer heavily subsidised online tuition and help improve disadvantaged pupils’ life chances.
About Exam Star®
Exam Star® is a social enterprise working for the educational fulfilment of vulnerable pupils at risk of falling behind academically. We offer free one-to-one online homework help to primary and secondary school pupils in English, Maths and Sciences. Additionally, we provide heavily subsidised online tutoring services in all core subjects as well as French and 11+ exam preparation. The aim is to help vulnerable pupils who have little or no academic support at home and find it difficult to work by themselves. Our objectives are to offer personalised academic intervention, which is affordable and universally accessible, to increase pupils’ confidence, develop their awareness of independent study methods and techniques and ultimately raise their educational aspirations as well as helping them feel more empowered to fulfil their academic potential.
Every Saturday from 12 noon to 2pm, our Volunteer Online Tutors provide free one-to-one online homework help to pupils with understanding and completing homework assignments. Volunteer Online Tutors answer questions explain homework assignments and give pupils new techniques to work with.
Furthermore, from Monday to Thursday Volunteer Online Tutors and Volunteer Online French Tutors provide heavily subsidised one-to-one online tuition to primary and secondary school pupils in English, Maths, Sciences, French and 11+ exam preparation. During these sessions pupils’ individual learning needs are addressed. Our target interventions give students a chance to ask questions and receive extra support on anything they find difficult.
Exam Star® is determined to offer public facing, online tutoring services which are genuinely affordable and personalised. This is in order to assist parents with the herculean task of supporting their children’s home learning; especially during the COVID 19 crisis. We aim to benefit disadvantaged primary and secondary school pupils and those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
About the opportunity:
We are urgently looking for a candidate to join our growing organisation to work on securing sustainable volunteer recruitment to enable us to reach our expansion targets. The heart of this role is focused on driving volunteer applications from a wide range of sources.
Currently, we source volunteers through universities, corporate relationships and online marketing as well as retired volunteers. The successful candidate will lead on maximising the potential of different routes to recruitment, to ensure a sustainable supply of Volunteer Online Tutors and Volunteer French Tutors from a range of sources to enable growth for Exam Star®. As a young organisation, raising our profile and brand awareness lies at the heart of our marketing and recruitment activities.
The role requires someone with people skills, able to win people over to your cause through genuine passion.
Duties and responsibilities
· Drive new applications from potential Volunteer Online Tutors and volunteer Online French Tutors.
· Engage with universities to build a wide base to attract student volunteers, including attending fairs, events, engaging with societies and relevant departments, networking and speaking opportunities to represent Exam Star®.
· Build relationships with volunteer centres and retired volunteer groups, to build a pool of retired volunteers for Exam Star®.
· Develop new relationships with corporate firms, with the aim of encouraging employee volunteering.
· Articulate the benefits and value of volunteering with Exam Star®, develop new communications documents and materials to assist this; support the profile raising of Exam Star® wherever possible.
· Organised, able to multi-task and prioritise, time management skills.
· Able to build relationships for professional purposes, friendly and outgoing.
· Able to work independently and use initiative in a range of situations to spot new opportunities; self- starter.
· Communication and people skills; strong written and numerical skills.
· Confident public speaker; able to present well to a range of audiences, ability to be persistent when
· Computer literacy; familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Experience working with a range of stakeholders.
· Experience of working with volunteers.
· Experience working in communications.
Knowledge and skills
· Office (Words, excel, pdf editor, collaborative docs, PowerPoint)
· Public relations and managing partners
· Confident is using YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram for a marketing (not personal) capacity
Making a difference
With your help we will be able to continue to help vulnerable pupils who have little or no academic support at home and find it difficult to work by themselves. During the COVID 19 crisis it is even more crucial to offer personalised academic intervention which is affordable and universally accessible to support disadvantaged pupils with their home learning. Your help will be invaluable in supporting our endeavours to raise pupils’ educational aspirations as well as helping them feel more empowered to fulfil their academic potential.
You would become part of our small, friendly team and you have the opportunity to use your time to make a real difference in difficult times. You will also benefit as described below:
· gain valuable work experience and enhance your cv
· enhance your communication, organisational and planning skills
· grow in confidence
· make a significant, lasting impact on a pupil’s future
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's