Volunteer member of finance committee
|Job Title:||Volunteer member of finance committee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jonathon Kruger|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2021 14:47|
World Physiotherapy are recruiting two people with accounting qualifications to volunteer for our finance committee. This committee plays an essential role in guiding the organisation, shaping our strategy, and ensuring that we meet our statutory obligations.
Founded in 1951, World Physiotherapy (previously known as the World Confederation for Physical Therapy) is the sole international voice for physiotherapy, representing more than 660,000 physiotherapists worldwide through its 125 member organisations. World Physiotherapy operates as a non-profit organisation and is registered as a charity in the UK.
World Physiotherapy is committed to moving the physiotherapy profession forward and promoting its contribution to global health. It encourages high standards of physiotherapy research, education and practice.
The commitment required for these roles includes attendance at quarterly finance committee meetings, attendance at annual meetings with auditors, reading papers in advance of meetings, as well as availability from time to time to support the chair and senior management team through correspondence or ad-hoc meetings.
Finance committee meetings are held via teleconference and last for between 90 to 120 minutes.
These roles are unpaid voluntary positions and no travel is anticipated.
The successful candidates will be working to support a passionate and committed group of trustees who are elected from our member organisations around the globe. World Physiotherapy is interested in hearing from candidates who substantially meet the following criteria:
- An accounting qualification and experience of providing financial support and advice, ideally with experience in UK charity finance requirements and knowledge of charity governance
- Financial management experience
- Finance Committee experience (or equivalent) in either the public, charity or private sector
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a committee member
- Proven interpersonal, communication and people skills including critical listening and the ability to ask probing questions
- Ability to work within a framework of collective decision-making
- Ability to examine evidence and complex documentation and take an independent and unbiased view
- Ability to assess issues relating to audit, risk management, internal and external audit, investment, insurance and general
- A commitment to high standards of governance and probity
- A commitment to the organisation and its objectives and a personal interest in the work of World Physiotherapy
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
The Board always welcomes applications from people with lived experience of a disability, physical health or mental health conditions. We are also committed to improving diversity in the charity sector and are particularly keen to receive applications from members of minority ethnic communities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's