5 days ago
A bit about this role
While hands on roles with cats are central to everything we do at Cats Protection, we also need volunteers to help us be more efficient, effective and to drive the charity forward. Our Investment Committee volunteers proactively engage with the other members of the Investment Committee to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Committee in accordance with the Terms of Reference and the Statement of Investment Principles.
As an independent specialist advisor from an investment manager background, your role will also be to bring your skills and experience from your career to the benefit of the Committee
What can you expect to be doing?
- Engaging with other members of the Investment Committee
- Helping the committee effectively carry out its duties and responsibilities
- Attending committee meetings
- Reading papers and preparing in advance of meetings
- Undertake actions required in the agreed timescales
- Keeping informed of issues affecting the charity and the Investment Committee in particular
- Use your skills and experience as an investment management professional to support the Committee members
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by being a key part of our Investment Committee. You will meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- A commitment to the charity and an empathy with Cats Protection’s vision, mission and values
- An understanding of the role, duties and responsibilities of an Investment Committee
- Strong strategic vision
- Sound independent judgement
- Willingness to be part of a team
- The ability to express views clearly
- Interest in and knowledge of investments
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector and animal welfare issues
- Either recently retired or currently working independently from Cats Protection’s appointed investment managers (to avoid conflicts of interest)
Our Investment Committee meets three times each year, meetings are currently virtual via Microsoft Teams, but are likely to be in person in London, travel and accommodation (where necessary) expenses are paid. The term of office is three years.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.