Volunteer Grants Panel Member - Application Assessor for Finances
|Job Title:||Volunteer Grants Panel Member - Application Assessor for Finances|
|Reference:||Global's Make Some Noise FA1|
|Contact Name:||Hannah Lison|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2018 15:39|
This is an exciting voluntary opportunity to join the Global’s Make Some Noise Grants Panel as a specialist assessor for charity financial information, working with the Charities team at Global Media & Entertainment Group.
- Global’s Make Some Noise Induction (30 mins phone or in person late Dec 2018 or early Jan 2019)
- Finance Assessment Framework session (1hr phone or in person late Dec 2018 or early Jan 2019)
- Assessment of approx. 15-20 charity applications and associated financial evidence over a 5-week period starting early January
- Optional - Participation in Global’s Make Some Noise application assessment Panel (10-2:30PM 12th Feb or 11-2:30PM, or 3-4:30PM 18th February).
About the opportunity:
Global’s Make Some Noise is a national charity that funds and empowers projects helping disadvantaged children, young people and their families. Supported by the media and entertainment group, Global, home to some of the UK’s biggest radio brands including Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X and Gold. They come together to give a voice to small charities that struggle to get heard and also provide training to boost skills and build sustainability.
The Global’s Make Some Noise Grants Panel are responsible for reading and scrutinising applications to ensure charities are assessed fairly against our criteria, that they have a great project to support and that Global’s Make Some Noise will be able to tell their story with impact during a fundraising campaign.
The Grants Panel is made up of a variety of subject experts from across the charity sector and financial industry in addition to Global colleagues, to help us reach important decisions about who we want to support and the projects we would like to fund, as well as matching regional charities to Global Broadcast Centres for local support and storytelling opportunities.
To support you in your role you will receive a Panel induction from the Charities Team about how everything works, the type of information you will be looking at, the process for reviewing and attributing a risk score using your expertise and the opportunity for you to ask any questions.
What you will be doing:
You will be assessing approximately 15-20 applications in approximately 5 weeks across January & early February. Your role will have a particular focus on a charity’s financial and operational risk.
You will review a charity’s supporting financial information such as their annual accounts and management accounts to assess if they are financially sturdy and eligible for Global’s Make Some Noise support, providing an overall risk score using the Global’s Make Some Noise application risk framework (provided during induction and support available throughout).
Following this, you will attend a Grants Panel in London to discuss the merits of each application and help to make recommendations on which charities we should support.
For this voluntary role you will need to:
- be aged 18 or over
- take part in inductions (phone call or in person)
- have the capacity to assess between 15-20 applications between January-February period
- ideally attend at least 1 London Grants Panel date in February
- be reliable, motivated and committed to supporting Global’s Make Some Noise charity selection process
You will also need to demonstrate skills or relevant experience in the following:
- accounting qualification or equivalent
- financial industry or associated sector background
- understanding of, or experience in charity finances and accounting
- strong written and communication skills
Desirable experience or skills in addition to the above:
- good working knowledge of the charity SoRP and FRS102
- previous experience with reviewing funding applications, being a panel member or other relevant role
- knowledge of risk recording and risk management
- experience or keen interest in the charitable sector
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's