Volunteer for Finance Sub Committee
|Job Title:||Volunteer for Finance Sub Committee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Wilkie|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2021 14:32|
We are creating a new Finance Sub Committee at a key stage in our development. 2021 is our 25th anniversary and in the past year we have experienced significant change, significantly increasing the number of cases we helped and digitising our services.
Over the next 12 months we are focussing on building solid foundations. As part of this, we wanted to particularly focus on our financial systems including
- Initiating cashflow forecasting
- Monitoring cashflow
- Monitoring financial performance through quarterly reports
- Reviewing reserve policy and levels
We are looking for four people to join us with experience in finance. The Sub Committee will be chaired by our Treasurer Sharif Shivji QC and attended by our Chief Executive.
The new Sub Committee’s role is to oversee all finance issues that may have an impact on Advocate’s ability to meet its aims and provide an additional layer of oversight.
The Committee will ensure that:
- Management accounts are reviewed against the annual budget
- Longer term plans are created to assess the reserves, cash flow, and investment performance
- Financial management processes are operating effectively to produce appropriate management information
Membership and meetings
- The Committee reports directly to the Board.
- At least one member holds a suitable financial qualification.
- The Committee will meet quarterly.
- The Committee will formally report back to the Board after each meeting.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend meetings every quarter via Zoom (2 hours)
- Email communication and occasional calls between meetings
- Estimated time commitment: 2 hours/ month
We are looking to increase diversity in our governance roles within our organisation. We therefore welcome applications from communities across the UK and particularly encourage applications from ethnic minority backgrounds or other underrepresented backgrounds.
To apply for the position, please submit a CV and cover letter by 5pm on 7th July to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest and suitability for the role, taking into account the requirements set out in the personal specification. Please ensure the statement does not exceed two pages of A4.
If you would like to find out more about the role please contact Rebecca Wilkie, Chief Executive, who would be happy to discuss the role further.
Interviews dates to be confirmed.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's