Volunteer Financial Specialist
|Job Title:||Volunteer Financial Specialist|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jenny Warner|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2020 13:27|
Job Title: Volunteer Financial Specialist
Hours: A regular commitment of 0.75 days a week, with some times of increased demand during peak periods
Location: Remote homeworking, but the organisation is based in Winchester, Hampshire
We are working in partnership with EmpathyLab, whose mission is to empower the rising generation to drive a new empathy movement, harnessing the power of stories to build the empathy skills of 4-16 year olds. EmpathyLab’s strategy is based on research showing that empathy is a learnable skill and that reading builds real-life empathy skills.
The organisation works with schools and libraries across the UK to involve children in story-based activities which simultaneously build their empathy and literacy skills and inspire them to put empathy into action in their community. EmpathyLab is supported by leading academics, high profile authors and major publishers.
Having established the organisation as a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, EmpathyLab now needs strategic financial and commercial skills and is looking for a volunteer financial specialist to join its experienced team. Essentially, founders are seeking a committed individual who will provide financial guidance and oversee and advise on financial systems. Experience of the not-for-profit sector is desirable, but not essential
Key responsibilities will be:
• Leading on financial and commercial strategy
• Contributing financial expertise and perspective to the three-year business plan
• Helping the organisation establish a sustainable business model
• Contributing to EmpathyLab’s fundraising, including bids to trust funds; earned income through training and materials; philanthropy; crowdfunding.
• Advising on software solutions and on-line banking protocols
• Preparing final accounts and reports for submission to regulatory bodies, as appropriate
• Producing regular management accounts, with appropriate commentary
• Leading in establishing/ maintaining sound relationships with banks, auditors, and tax authorities, where appropriate.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organisation with strong values, and UK-wide networks in education, psychology, libraries, digital development and literature. If you feel you have the drive and passion to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement in a word document to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO2778.
Interview date: TBC