Volunteer Finance Officer
|Job Title:||Volunteer Finance Officer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Karyne Tazi|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2021 12:23|
Your principal role will be to support our charity in the management of all finances including financial controls, cash management, production and analysis of management accounts, input to the budget process, assisting in preparation of the statutory accounts and supporting budget holders.
- Create & maintain charity Accounting and Payroll packages and ensure adequate backup procedures are followed.
- Ensure that each transaction is correctly identified and that a full audit trail is maintained.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all respects with regard to information to which access may be gained.
- Liaise with all Managers and respond promptly to requests for information.
- Maintain the payroll system to ensure accurate and timely payments of all staff based upon submission of authorised timesheets where needed. Ensure appropriate monthly and annual payments to HM Revenue & Customs, and that all starters and leavers are duly processed.
- Maintain the Petty Cash Fund, ensuring all payments are made against appropriate receipts, and balance the fund on a weekly basis.
- Creating & maintaining the charity’s gift aid account and policies.
- Supporting management in preparing and managing budgets including regular progress reviews with budget managers.
- At month end, ensure the reconciliation of the bank accounts.
- Adhering to all WFRC’s Policies & Procedures; and in particular promoting good practice regarding (a) confidentiality; (b) Health & Safety of self, colleagues and service users; and (c) equality of opportunity.
To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time by the WFRC management team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's