27 days ago
Purpose of the Position
To assist the Finance Team with the internal audit of finance and payroll procedures and processes.
To assess the financial processes and procedures following the internal audit guidelines and schedule set out by the Finance Officer
To complete an internal audit assessment form detailing the findings of samples which are tested against our Standing Financial Procedures and the Charity Commission Checklist.
We expect the internal audit requirements to be 2-3 hours per month
A finance qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, AAT etc.) or demonstrable experience of working within a finance function
IT skills to include MS Office 365, Sage 50 Accounts, Sage 50 Payroll and CRM databases
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information professionally and appropriately. Not to be divulged or discussed outside of KEMP and only discussed with the Finance Team.
A professional approach to volunteering
General office skills
Willingness to attend training
Ability to commit some time to the organisation
Benefits to Volunteers
Being part of a dedicated team
A sense of fulfilment in providing a much needed service.
Ongoing training and support.
All KEMP Hospice employees and volunteers are required to:
- Abide by the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Respect confidentiality applying to all KEMP Hospice areas.
- Work within KEMP Hospice policies and procedures.
- Co-operate and liaise with colleagues.
- Always behave in a professional manner, reflecting and maintaining KEMP values as set out in the KEMP Way.
- Undertake mandatory training.