Volunteer District Treasurer
|Job Title:||Volunteer District Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Robert Park|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2021 16:38|
Misbourne Valley District Scout Council are looking for a volunteer to take on the role of District Treasurer. The District Treasurer is part of the District Executive Committee. This committee is the non uniform side of scouting there to support the District. Misbourne Valley District provides scouting for young people in the Chesham, Amersham, the Chalfonts and Sear Green area of Buckinghamshire.
Specific On-going Tasks
- Manage the district accounts.
- Make entries into the accounting system.
- Ensure that all entries are backed up with receipts and/or invoices
- File all paperwork in a logical, tidy fashion
- Manage and reconcile the bank accounts and online account
- Manage bank account alternative users
- Make payments of expenses and/or supplier bills/invoices
- Prepare annual membership invoices and send to various group treasurers
- Chase payment of membership invoices
- Ensure that the payment of membership to county is done before the appointed deadline
- Negotiate with suppliers for various services
- Ensure that the treasurer is an authorised signatory on all District accounts
Executive Committee Meetings
Attend quarterly meetings to present prepared Treasurers report and answer financial questions.
Prepare District accounts and financial reports and present to Auditor for checking and sign off:-
This involves collecting the reports for all the district explorer units, scout groups and international camp accounts. These groups all report to district and their accounts along with the district accounts for the “consolidated pack” for report to the Charity Commission.
When accounts approved provide all committee members with a copy, signed by the chair.
Present the accounts at the District AGM, held in June of each year.
Upload accounts to the charity commission web site and provide a copy of the accounts to county.
Complete the Annual Charity Commission Return