|Job Title:||Volunteer Counsellor|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Renata Carlet|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 10:45|
Purpose of role:
EPC has received funding from BBC Children in Need to develop a high quality and accessible Counselling Service for children and young people. Counselling Volunteers will be expected to receive referrals and counsel children and young people within the service. The work will mainly take place within Community House, but there will also be some outreach work in schools.
- The post is open to qualified child/adolescent counsellors or those who are currently training to become qualified child/adolescent counsellors.
- To have had at least 12 hours of personal therapy before starting placement and then to have ongoing personal therapy throughout their placement (in line with their training course requirements).
- To obtain a clear enhanced DBS check.
What will the role of a counsellor involve?
● To counsel children and young people once a week term time only .
● To be reliable in both attendance and punctuality.
● To behave in an ethical and professional manner in all dealings with clients,
with the counselling supervisor, and with the counselling placement
● To adhere to the Ethical Framework of the British Association for
Counselling and Psychotherapy.
● To ensure that all your counselling is subject to counselling supervision at
the required ratio (1 1/2 hrs / month).
● To seek and obtain informed consent from a client about whom a case
study report is to be written.
● To provide a half termly log of client hours and client notes for EPC files.
● To keep personal notes on clients & sessions confidential and secure.
● To seek membership of the British Association for Counselling and
Psychotherapy or other appropriate professional organisation.
● To respond constructively to guidance.
What will you get in return?
● Clients to counsel for up to 3 terms
● A setting that is safe fit for purpose
● An induction into the organisation that meets not only Health and Safety
requirements, but is also sufficient to allow the counselling trainee to
function effectively in their role.
● Continuous support from our counselling co-ordinator.
● After completing 100 hours of voluntary work, you will be formally
recognized by the Mayor of Enfield and receive 100 hours certificate for
your time and commitment.
● Volunteering in an organization which has Investors in
Volunteers accreditation and looks after their volunteers well.
● Job references after 6 months of volunteering with us.
What will we expect from you?
● Commit to volunteering with us for at least 6 months.
● Perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
● Maintain the confidential information of the organization and of its users.
● Read and comply to EPC’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
● Attend any training relevant to your duties.
● Act in a professional way whenever you represent EPC.
● Raise any concerns at the earliest opportunity.
● Give us as much notice as possible should you be unable to attend or carry
out your volunteer role with us anymore.
EPC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. EPC will reimburse DBS fees after volunteering with us for 6 months.
Who should you contact?
If you would like to apply please download our application form from https://www.epandc.org.uk/volunteer
If you require further information regarding the role please contact Renata Carlet (working hours Monday and Tuesday) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 8373 6246.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Trustee Treasurer - volunteer
0 - 1000
Volunteer Accountant at Environmental Charity working in Malawi
Treasurer at Education & Poverty Alleviation Charity
Treasurer @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps