2 days ago
South Bucks Counselling
The primary role of the Accountant/Bookkeeper is to accurate financial records are maintained and that financial control procedures are followed.
Formal accounting qualifications are not essential but it would be useful to have some experience of charity finance and fundraising. The treasurer must be willing to be available to the part-time Admin & Facilities Assistant to provide advice and support when required.
The accounting records are maintained in Excel. The 2 bank accounts are held online with NatWest.
The main activities include the following:
- monitoring the monthly income from counselling activities and paying their expenses
- processing supplier invoice payments and monitoring direct debits
- ensure all bank transactions are recorded in Excel
- monthly bank reconciliations
- monthly payroll administration using the online HMRC system
- Gift Aid preparation and submission to HMRC when required
- Company secretarial duties e.g. keeping the Company register up to date
- liaising with the Treasurer
- experience of maintaining accounting transactions in Excel
- use of online banking and HMRC tools
Monthly and annual accounts are prepared by the Treasurer, but there is the opportunity to be involved.
Time commitment is around 4 days per month.