7 days ago
Feeding Britain is a national charity working to eliminate hunger and its root causes in the UK. We work with a network of community organisations in 12 towns and cities to develop innovative solutions to hunger and food poverty, from holiday food and fun clubs for children, to community-run social supermarkets. We also take the learning and evidence from this work on the ground and share it with politicians and policy makers, to advocate for policy changes to make sure no one goes hungry in the future.
We have a small national team, consisting of 2 full time staff, and we are looking for a volunteer accountant to help us with our finance processes. The support we are looking for includes:
- Support with preparing our annual accounts for submission to the Charity Commission
- Independent examination of Feeding Britain’s annual financial return to the Charity Commission
- Review of our current finance policies and processes and advice on how to strengthen them. In particular, advice on how we can automate some of our financial recording and reporting, and helping us select and set up a new accounting software
- Regular support to complete quarterly management accounts.
- Support to develop an appropriate reserves policy for a charity of our size.
Our office is in central London, but we would be happy to work with a volunteer based elsewhere in the UK, with regular contact through phone call, skype and email.
This is a voluntary role, but expenses will be reimbursed.