|Job Title:||Volunteer Accountant|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Reynolds|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2019 12:34|
SeeBeyondBorders (SBB) is a non-profit organisation with a primary focus of improving education standards in Cambodia, with the objective of providing Cambodian children with access to quality teaching and learning at school.
The SeeBeyondBorders organisation comprises an Australian office, which maintains overall financial control of the organisation, SeeBeyondBorders Cambodia which is a branch of the Australian entity and implements the programmes to achieve the charitable objectives of the organisation, and SeeBeyondBorders UK which focuses on fundraising and managing the use and distribution of these funds in Cambodia. We are searching for an accountant to work for our small UK entity on a voluntary basis to support the overall management of the UK Finance function ensuring:
- Accurate and timely financial reporting to CEO, Country Manager and Board - to be presented to the Board of Trustees at quarterly meeting.
- Effective management of restricted funds including understanding of spend in Cambodia
- Robust internal controls
- Compliance to legislation eg Payroll, VAT, tax, Privacy
- Ensuring compliance with applicable SBB policies and procedures
- Appropriate support to the Country Manager including fundraising application data and review of financial acquittals.
- Assistance with some fundraising applications.
Key tasks will include:
- Quarterly and Annual Reporting
- Annual budgeting and half yearly reforecasting
- Donor reporting/ fundraising applications
- Legal compliances
- Staff payroll
- Finance and HR policies and procedures
- Internal control
More details on specific tasks is available here.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with at least five years PQE and preferably an interest in education and/or international development. The hours are variable as requirement driven. The applicant could allow a regular 5 hours a week for dealing with queries, an accounts prep day each month, 3 days quarterly and ad hoc fundraising support. This role may grow as the organisation grows and seeks government funding. This position will be home-based with occasional travel to trustee meetings which take place in London.