|Job Title:||voluntary trustee/director|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jeanne Kelly|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019 13:48|
BCTFS, operating principally in the Bolton Metropolitan area, has been a registered charity since 1999 selling used and new furniture, paint & electrical goods to assist those with limited financial means and to provide low cost minibus services for the elderly, infirm and groups in our community. In addition, we provide training placements in furniture & transport services for individuals wishing to re-enter paid employment.
BCTFS seeks to improve the environment by reducing “landfill” through collecting and reselling used furniture and refurbishing electrical goods.
For further information about us please visit our website – www.bctfs.co.uk
Due to 2 senior trustees wishing to step down we are looking to recruit new trustees.
The primary task of the trustee/director is to steer the management and development of BCTFS to achieve the organisation’s charitable objects.
The trustee/director should:
- use their experience, skills and knowledge for the benefit of BCTFS and be committed to working in the best interests of BCTFS
- participate in strategic thinking, innovation and business planning to develop policies and to set aims, objectives, targets and programmes
- maintain confidentiality about Board meeting discussions and not disclose any other information gained through involvement with BCTFS to any people outside BCTFS
- be aware at all times of actual or potential conflicts of interest and declare these prior to any discussion/involvement in such matters
- regularly review and monitor organisational activity and finances and assist in the achievement of informed and balanced decisions
- challenge proposals that exceed or appear to go against adopted polices, plans, programmes or procedures
- accept collective responsibility for BCTFS decisions
- act with openness and independent, non-political judgement
- be an ambassador for BCTFS, championing and promoting understanding of the objects and interests of the organisation
- ensure that the organisation meets regulatory requirements
In order to achieve this, trustee/director is expected to:
- attend and contribute to meetings of the Trustee Board, held 6 times a year for 2-3 hours
- commit to a monthly average time involvement of 4 hours
- be prepared to lead on or be involved with a specific area of work
- highlight issues of concern
- be alert to external matters which might assist or affect the work of BCTFS
- be confident, approachable, analytical and a good listener
- be keen to support the disadvantaged in the local community & the environment
Trustees with some of the following experience or skills are particularly useful to the organisation:
- Management experience in the small-medium business/commercial sector
- Health & Safety/Risk management
- Financial & IT management
- Human resources management