|Job Title:||Voluntary Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Becky Gilbert|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2019 09:57|
Are you passionate about the wellbeing of vulnerable children and their families? Do you want to make a difference in your local community? Baby Bank Network is looking for a new trustee to join our board as treasurer.
Baby Bank Network is a small local charity making a big difference to families in need locally. This role is an opportunity to use your professional skills to make a real impact and to become part of a community led, run and supported charity. You will be joining a friendly, committed team who are determined to make sure that no family in Bristol goes without the essential items all young families need.
With the recruitment of our first member of staff, a part-time Office Manager, and the appointment of a freelance bookkeeper, we are looking for someone with finance experience to act as our treasurer.
We are looking for someone to:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, board members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
As a trustee of Baby Bank Network, you will also have specific general responsibilities which include; responsibility for directing the affairs of Baby Bank Network, ensuring it is solvent and well run, and that it acts within corporate and charity law. Board members are entrusted to look after the resources of Baby Bank Network and ensure that these are used effectively for the overall purpose of the organisation. Board members are accountable for their decisions and actions to our service users, staff, the public, courts and funders.
We are looking for a trustee who has:
- Knowledge and experience of current financial practice
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Commitment to the work of Baby Bank Network
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Understanding and knowledge of good governance
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Good, independent judgement
- Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures is desirable
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A willingness to speak your mind
If you are interested we would love to hear from you. Do be in touch for an informal chat to find out more.