23 days ago
inVOLve Community Services
You could be the next Treasurer for The Wayz, a Bracknell-based charity that empowers young people aged 8 to 25.
Transformed to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in 2019, we have continued to empower young people across Bracknell, even during this pandemic year+. We provide Youth Clubs, support and encourage youth leadership and young people by providing training, offering activities, challenges and delivering projects that help young people make successful transitions to adulthood.
The Wayz is independent, although closely associated with countywide and national youth organisations. In 2019-20, the first year of our incorporation, we had an income of £116k, and drew on our financial reserves to spend £138k.
We want to expand the diversity of our Board, in all meanings of the word, and strongly welcome applications from people from less-represented groups.
Although we’d welcome your financial qualification, that’s not at all a requirement, as our finances aren’t complex. An understanding of how charity finance works would be beneficial, of course, with the ability to communicate financial information clearly, especially to other trustees, being important.
What do you get as a volunteer trustee with our organisation?
- An opportunity to exercise your strategic financial & planning skills, probably in a different environment or context
- An opportunity to influence and collectively-lead an organisation supporting young people’s development
- A chance to expand and implement your understanding of our work with young people and what their empowerment means
- A chance to augment your experience of charities
- A boost to your career and CV, if needed
- Satisfaction of helping an organisation that supports young people, thus giving something back to your community
- Induction training from us; training, support and assistance from our local charity-support & advice agency; reimbursement of reasonable expenses, if needed
What do we get?
- Your strategic financial management skills, knowledge, understanding or experience
- Your abilities to influence plans for our charity’s future, especially as we come out of the pandemic and its malign influence on young people
- Enhancement to our overall governance and the Board of trustees; improvement in our charity governance and operational growth
- Your participation in our collective decision-making, contributing to all areas of our charity work
- Your enthusiasm
What do our beneficiaries get?
- The ability to continue our support for young people’s development and wellbeing
- A forward-looking and agile organisation, with a well-informed and well-managed Board of trustees
This appointment is being managed for us by inVOLve Community Services, a charity-support organisation, who offer a no-obligation discussion by phone or video. A detailed Role Description and Person Specification can be made available to you upon request.
You will need to be eligible to be a charity trustee, which we will explain. Trustee appointments are subject to satisfactory references, to completion of an online Safeguarding course and an Enhanced DBS check.