Voluntary Accountant / Bookkeeper
|Job Title:||Voluntary Accountant / Bookkeeper|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Maggy Blagrove|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2020 10:19|
About us: Teach2Teach International is a UK charity that trains unemployed young people to become community volunteer teachers in deprived areas of northern Ghana. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of poverty and the educational and training challenges for children, students and out of work young people. We are an emerging organisation that punches above its weight and is developing fast.
We are looking for a volunteer account / bookkeeper to join our friendly, small yet dynamic team.
Outline of Role
Maintain the books and core financial records of the organisation (which is a CIO). This requires manual entries to be made from core documents such as bank statements, invoices and other records. Maintain monthly bank reconciliations and entries relevant to keeping the books up to date. There is potential to move records onto a formal double entry bookkeeping system such as Quickbooks. Liaison with the Treasurer as required. Ensure compliance with financial policies and processes according to the finance manual.
Expected level of activity
1 day a week core bookkeeping, with more initially and variable at quarter end / other key times.
- Formal bookkeeping qualification or clearly, demonstrably QBE.
- Knowledge of accruals accounting a prerequisite.
- Strong communication and written skills
- Maintain the financial records of the CIO using online spreadsheets and/or bookkeeping software.
- Maintain supporting documentation as ready reference of any recorded transaction
- Check financial reports and records for accuracy/compliance with financial and other policies
- Prevent, rectify, or reporting errors made while recording or balancing any account
- Reconcile all accounts periodically
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports and yearly financial statements
- Initiate payments to creditors
- Ensure appropriate authorisation protocols have been met before payment
- Collect gift aid, pay creditors, and analyse financial statements
- Potentially design the accounting system for the CIO
- Assist with preparation for audit
- Produce accounting reports and income and expenditure statements
- Process income receipts, invoices and other financial records
- Maintain past accounting records
- Assist in the development of the annual budget of the company (where required) and monitoring the budget / forecast
- Assist with cash flow projections
- Safeguard and secure all financial records
- Stay up-to-date with changes in the country-wide financial laws
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's