Virtual work experience volunteer (6th - 8th July 2021)
|Job Title:||Virtual work experience volunteer (6th - 8th July 2021)|
|Contact Name:||Georgia Ford|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2021 12:02|
Spark! is a charity based in west London which aims to bridge the gap between school and the workplace. We are organising several virtual and in-school events in upcoming months and need volunteers from varied sectors and roles to support! This is a great opportunity to help the next generation in a difficult time: broadening their horizons and helping them see the opportunities out there. Every professional encounter they have will add up to help them transition into a successful career.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with a virtual work experience programme for Hammersmith Academy's Year 10s (aged 14-15), taking place from the 6th - 8th July. This is a fantastic chance to offer students an insight into your experience, inspiring their next steps, and to mentor them through a task you'll design to develop the skills and knowledge they'll need in future.
In terms of what’s involved, you will work with a group of around 10 students for around 2.5 hrs a day. Ideally you’d form a team, with one volunteer or a pair covering each day, but we’re flexible if you can only do 1 of the days.
The structure is as follows:
- Short volunteer briefing in the morning
- Approx 1 hr meeting students, volunteer introduces themselves, then sets a task which will help them to apply their soft skills to workplace tasks, giving them an insight into the types of tasks involved in your work, which will get them more ready for entering the world of work.
- Students will work independently, then volunteers will dial back in for 20-30 mins to check progress and answer questions.
- After students have had more time to work, the final session (1.5 hrs) has them presenting their work. Volunteers give them feedback which can be really instrumental in their development, from previous experience!
- The final session also includes a Q&A where volunteers answer questions about their role, industry and career pathway, to broaden students’ horizons, and some reflection time.
Volunteers do not need experience but will need to attend training around engaging effectively online with young people as well as safeguarding.
If interested please contact the Work Experience Manager, Georgia Ford, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Spark!, please visit https://sparkcharity.org.uk/.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's