Unseen - Finance Trustee
|Job Title:||Unseen - Finance Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2019 10:25|
Unseen is an award-winning charity with a high-calibre board and SLT that are steering the growth of the organisation – including international expansion. We are becoming an increasingly complex business and wish to strengthen ourselves with the appointment of a trustee with significant charity finance experience.
- To work collaboratively with the other trustees and Senior Leadership Team, keeping with and furthering Unseen’s charitable objectives.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plans and helping to oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process.
- Ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- Supporting the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept; financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost management and investment policies.
- Sitting on the Finance Committee along with the committee chair (a trustee with a commercial finance background), charity Chair, CEO and FD.
- FD/CFO level experience at a significantly sized charity
- Substantial experience in a senior leadership role.
- An understanding of the charity sector including its current trends
- Ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and criticise constructively.
- Good, independent judgement and a willingness to speak your mind.
- A firm belief in and active commitment to Unseen’s mission to work towards a world without slavery.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
Experience of working in an organisation operating within the context of an international environment.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
You will be joining a team of established professionals who are highly committed to using their expertise to further this worthwhile cause. You will be part of a well funded organisation which has proven itself to be highly effective to date and which has ambitious plans for the future.
- Three Board meetings a year, held on a Saturday, generally in Bath
- Sub committee meetings, (which can be held as conference calls).
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV.