Trustees x 2 - a Treasurer and a Vol Sect Leader
|Job Title:||Trustees x 2 - a Treasurer and a Vol Sect Leader|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2021 15:06|
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is a national charity in operation since 1984. The Charity’s mission is to provide and promote the welfare, care and protection of horses, ponies, donkeys and mules.
We are looking for two Trustees, one with significant experience as an accounting/finance professional to be Treasurer and the other with significant charity management experience.
Trustees are Directors of Redwings Horse Sanctuary. Trustees set the strategy and ensure that the charity is well-governed.
We are looking for two Trustees, one with significant experience as an accounting/finance professional to be Treasurer and the other with significant charity management experience. The experience and skills for these roles have been identified following our Skills Audit and knowing who is due to step down from the Board. Full inductions will be given. For the Treasurer role please note we have an experience Finance team led by an accountant at FCA-level. Trustees are strategic roles and not managerial /day to day.
For the Trustee role:
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy
- Significant experience of charity leadership as a Chief Executive or at Senior Management Team level
- Significant people management experience
- Data protection experience
- An understanding of charity governance
- Digital skills to receive Board papers and updates using Trustee online portal
- Report reading and interpretation of data
- Diplomacy skills
For the Treasurer Role:
- Experienced accountancy professional
- Investment/treasury management experience
- Experience of an external finance audit (from in house or auditor)
- Experience of one or more finance IT systems
- Data protection experience.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Make a real difference to the governance and leadership of the charity.
Trustees are volunteer roles, and requirements include attending Board meetings (4-6 per annum) held on a Wednesday afternoon. Some meetings will be held remotely as this has worked over the past year. We have a Board of 7-8 Trustees and we use a digital portal for reports and meetings.
Before you apply
Applications are through the Reach platform
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter, stating the skills and experience you would bring to the Board of Trustees and any particular areas of interest for our existing Trustees to read.
Deadline: 12 Jul 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's