|Job Title:||Trustees/Committee Members|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2020 15:16|
Lake District Calvert Trust are looking to recruit more Trustees to join the board. We are also recruiting new committee members to be co-opted to our standing committees – Finance, Business Development, Audit and Operations.
Lake District Calvert Trust is unique in its ability to provide residential outdoor activities for people with disabilities and we believe "Its what you can do that counts". It has 50 permanent staff who provide this to over 3000 visitors a year. Its recent expansion into the area of acquired brain injury rehabilitation is a further step into an area not catered for elsewhere in the UK.
About the Trust
- We run a residential outdoor centre with 40 years of experience in delivering challenging outdoor adventures for people with disabilities.
- This centre is based on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake where we offer a warm welcome, accessible accommodation and exciting short breaks for schools, groups, families and individuals with their friends and carers.
- We have a newly opened nationally ground breaking residential centre delivering rehabilitation for people who have an acquired brain injury.
- This centre is based at Old Windebrowe, a converted 18th century tithe barn and farmhouse on the outskirts of Keswick, with individual rooms and relaxing common areas and living facilities.
- We cater for people of all ages with sensory, learning, or physical disabilities, including those with the most complex needs for which most outdoor centres cannot cater.
We are looking to recruit more Trustees to join the board. We are also recruiting new committee members to be co-opted to our standing committees – Finance, Business Development, Audit and Operations.
There are opportunities for individuals with a wide range of skills but finance, income generation, marketing and communication would be useful.
We are keen to develop the diversity of our board and therefore would welcome to hear from women, ethnic minorities, younger people and disabled people. We are particularly interested in recruiting individuals from a wide range of experiences. These could include outdoor activities including equestrian and/or with expertise in finance and fund raising. Previous experience of being a Trustee is not essential but having worked in a senior managerial role would be helpful.
This is not an office based role. Trustees have 3 board meetings a year. Sub Committees meet 4 times a year.
How to apply
Please apply via the Reach website.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's