Trustees and Vice-Chair
|Job Title:||Trustees and Vice-Chair|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 11:59|
The Finance Innovation Lab works for a financial system that serves people and planet – one that’s democratic, responsible and fair. We incubate the ideas and people with the potential to transform the system, and we advocate for changes in the rules that shape the way finance works.
We’re a unique charity with a global reputation as a pioneer in systems change. Our work is driven by the belief that the dysfunctions of our financial system contribute to some of our most pressing social and environmental challenges, from fossil fuel extraction to unaffordable housing, but that it doesn’t have to be this way: people created the system and people can change it.
We’re now looking to expand our board with three new trustees who can help us strengthen and grow. In particular, we are looking to fill the following roles:
- Chair of our new communications and fundraising committee
- General trustees who can help diversify our board and fill key capacity gaps.
All roles are voluntary (with reasonable expenses reimbursed) and are for an initial three-year term. Trustees may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.
We’re looking for people who are committed to the Lab’s vision of a democratic, responsible and fair financial system, with an understanding of, or interest in, finance and/or systems change. You’ll need to be able to work well with a diverse group of trustees and have a high level of self-awareness, as well as aligning with our culture of collaboration, action learning and empowerment. Previous experience of serving on a board of trustees is not required for the general trustee roles.
It’s important that you are willing and able to devote the time necessary for your role, as outlined in the individual role descriptions.
In this round of recruitment, we're particularly keen to appoint trustees with capabilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong grounding in new economic thinking and/or the financial reform movement
- Experience working in or with mainstream financial institutions, particularly banking, insurance and/or asset management
- Experience of fundraising, particularly public, corporate and HNWI fundraising
- Critical understanding of fintech and wider tech developments
- Experience of working with or representing the end users of finance, particularly those marginalised or exploited by the financial system.
For full details of the key responsibilities and the qualities we’re looking for, please visit filab.uk/trustees2019. Applications close at 9.00 am on Monday 4 February 2019.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's