29 days ago
Reach Volunteering are working with The Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) who are looking to recruit three new members to join its Board of Trustees and is inviting applications from individuals with a background in the further/higher education sectors or those with business or marketing skills obtained within its core areas of hair, beauty, complementary therapy and sports.
VTCT is one of the UK’s largest technical and vocational awarding and assessment organisations. VTCT seeks to advance education for the public benefit by enabling learners through vocational education and apprenticeships to have a direct line of sight to a job or enhanced career prospects through acquiring higher-level skills, and has so far supported over a million people in doing just that.
It’s an exciting time to join VTCT as the Government implements major reforms to the technical and vocational education landscape. New trustees will be expected to support VTCT’s strong growth as the charity expands its portfolio of more than 1,900 public and private education centres across both the UK and worldwide.
- Ensure the charity, and its representatives, function within all legal and regulatory requirements applicable, and in line with the organisation's governing document, continually striving for best practice in governance
- Determine the overall direction and development of the charity through good governance and clear strategic planning
- Ensure robust systems are in place for internal financial control and the protection of the charity's funds and assets
- Act with integrity, using reasonable levels of care, skill and diligence and applying the the principles of the Charity Governance Code for Large Charities
- Ensuring compliance with the objects, purposes and values of the organisation, and with its Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Approving policies, plans and budgets to achieve those objects and monitoring performance against them
- Ensuring the solvency, financial strength and good performance of the organisation
- Attending and playing a fully active role on the VTCT board
What difference will you make?
You will advance education for the public benefit by enabling learners through vocational education and apprenticeships to have a direct line of sight to a job or enhanced career prospects through acquiring higher-level skills.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
New trustees support VTCT’s strong growth as the charity expands its portfolio of more than 1,900 public and private education centres across both the UK and worldwide.
The chosen trustees will be committing to six meetings per year in our head office. Other ad-hoc contact may also be required
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Applications deadline: 21st September 2018.
Interviews for the trustee roles will take place on 4th October 2018.