5 days ago
Savera campaigns to eliminate ‘honour’-based abuse and harmful practices and provide life-saving services to those at risk, regardless of age, culture, sexuality or gender.
Established in 2010, we are a leading charity tackling culturally-specific abuse in the UK, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation. We advocate for those who need a voice and offer a completely confidential and non-judgemental service.
What will you be doing?
As a trustee of the charity you have a number of legal responsibilities. As a team, you will be responsible for giving direction to the organisation. This strategic role will involve identifying and reviewing the direction of the organisation, making overall plans (such as shaping the strategic business plan and agreeing fundraising activities) and monitoring progress to ensure that we meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the work of Savera UK and the role of trustee.
- A willingness to contribute fully to all the meetings and dedicate the time required.
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak your mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
Key Skills required by the organisation are in the following areas:
- Business development, including the ability to look at alternative income streams
Board diversity is critical for Savera UK as diversity brings together the rich mix of qualities that make a healthy and effective board. Savera UK want to ensure that it has a diverse Board with 80-90% to be representative of diverse females. It is also important that the board reflects our beneficiaries and the communities we are working with.
What difference will you make?
The board has the potential to enable Savera UK to thrive. Our service users and staff team depend on our trustees to make good decisions and lead well.
The board meets quarterly, currently remotely.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and supporting statement. In the supporting statement, please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join the Savera UK board and any other relevant details in support of your application.
For an informal chat with Savera UK please contact the Reach TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this