|Salary:||0 - 200000|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2021 14:40|
Emmaus Oxford is looking for new trustees to broaden the skill set and diversity of their dedicated Board.
You will be joining an active and dedicated Board and will play a pivotal role in shaping Emmaus Oxford and supporting our work. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team and to share your skills as well as learn new ones.
This is an opportunity to play a vital role in supporting Emmaus Oxford to achieve its mission to overcome homelessness and effect social change.
Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run.
The responsibilities of trustees are:
- Ensuring that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
- Being responsible, with the chief executive and other trustees, for the charity’s performance and culture.
- Ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as guardians of the charity’s assets by taking due care of their security and proper use.
- Ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
In addition to your statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involves scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
What we are looking for
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our Board and we would especially welcome applicants who have lived experience of homelessness, are female, are younger are from minority communities and are from lower-income backgrounds. These characteristics are all currently under-represented on our board.
- Commitment to the work of Emmaus Oxford and the role of trustee.
- A willingness to contribute fully to all the meetings and dedicate the time required.
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak your mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
As well as the above, we are particularly interested in applications from people with the following skills/experience:
- Legal (employment law would be helpful but general a legal background is fine)
- Digital and IT
- Finance and accounting
Board meetings take place every 6 weeks. The expectation is a commitment of about 2 to 3 hours weekly.
How to apply
Please submit a CV/Linked in profile and covering letter/supporting statement. Please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join the Board and any other relevant details in support of your application. Please contact the TrusteeWorks team for any queries.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's