|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2021 14:33|
The First Step are looking for new Trustees to join our Board. Our strategic plan is due for review this year so this is an exciting time to be joining the organisation.
The First Step remains at the heart of the solution for people affected by domestic abuse in Knowsley and will continue to be proactive in supporting those who need us.
At The First Step we offer emotional and practical support either by telephone; face to face at our office or in the community. Support can include advice and guidance on legal options, housing, safety planning, one to one sessions tailored to meet specific needs or explore your options. We also offer group support, The Freedom Programme and the Recovery Toolkit and other therapeutic groups which have included art, health and wellbeing, cooking, computers and family days out.
In broad terms, the five key responsibilities for The First Step Trustees are:
- To ensure that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
- Being responsible, with the chief executive and other trustees, for the charity’s performance and culture.
- Ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as guardians of the charity’s assets by taking due care of their security and proper use.
- Ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
We are member organisation of Women’s Aid’s united federation of domestic abuse services, therefore we are looking to increase the representation of female trustees on our Board, which means this role is exclusive to female applicants only.
Any skills and experience are welcome but we have a particular interest in the following areas:
- Public sector contracts and bidding
- Marketing and PR (including social media and digital marketing)
- Digital innovation
- Financial management
What's in it for the Trustee?
You will be joining a Board with huge commitment and expertise in many areas, who work with and support the charity’s leadership team to achieve the growth and sustainability required to meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
In return we offer a full induction, and the opportunity to work with talented Trustees and staff team to build a portfolio of high-quality, relevant services that improve the lives of people affected by domestic abuse.
4 meetings a year, for two hours currently held during the day. There is also an annual AGM, held in December. Please see candidate pack.
A few more details
- The position of Trustee is voluntary and unpaid; however, any reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates will be asked to apply for a DBS check and provide contact details of two referees.
How to apply
Please apply via Reach Volunteering by sending your CV, along with a covering letter/supporting statement explaining why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. For an informal conversation about this opportunity please contact the TrusteeWorks team to arrange a call with the organisation. Interviews will be held after 21st May 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's