|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||November 16, 2020 15:33|
Become a trustee for a small, enthusiastic charity that is making a difference to the quality of life for diverse groups of people with lived experience of drug and alcohol problems across London.
Build on Belief (BoB),is a service user led charity that is changing the face of the drug and alcohol treatment system in London. Our services are run by people who have had their own experiences of drug and alcohol addiction and understand not only what it’s like first-hand, but also the struggle people often have to reach and maintain recovery.
In terms of key responsibilities, they include:
- Attend and contribute to Board (six evening meetings a year at Earls Court or online during the pandemic) and related meetings and share in decision making about all significant issues that impact on BoB;
- Develop and monitor the implementation of BoBs strategy;
- Oversee BoBs work, ensuring that risks are managed, assets are protected and resources are well used;
- Act as custodian of BoBs values and long-term future, ensuring that the organisation is complying with its constitution, and is managed prudently and lawfully;
- Provide support (as well as challenge) to BoBs Chief Executive particularly drawing on your own areas of expertise;
- Using contacts and networks to help BoB grow and develop and to be an active ambassador for the organisation;
- Other duties required and expected of a Trustee/Company Director, including task groups and occasional visits to services.
Trustees are expected to:
- Share BoBs values and aspirations along with having empathy with those seeking to rebuild their lives;
- Have the expertise, skills, life experience and personal qualities that we require to form an effective and diverse Board;
- Have an ability to work in small groups and teams, for example on task groups;
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to the BoB Code of Conduct;
- Be able to fully discharge the legal requirements of being a trustee and company director.
While having some lived experience of substance misuse, personally or through family, friends or colleagues, would be useful it is not an essential requirement.
Professional Expertise Required
Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- New digital platforms;
- Charity fundraising;
- Working in the substance use field;
- Experience of charity governance or an interest in gaining that experience.
How to apply
If you are interested please contact us initially via the Reach platform.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's