|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2021 16:20|
Devon Link Up are looking for new trustees to join our committed and dynamic board. Ideal candidates will be passionate about advocacy and have a background in financial management/planning, digital communications or HR.
About the organisation
Devon Link Up started in 1991 with the aim of giving people with learning disabilities and Autism, a voice and choice about their lives.
Over the years, we have always held advocacy at the heart of all our work and along the way, we have undertaken a wide variety of activities according to the wishes of the people who use the service. People want the same things in life: Relationships, friendship, belonging, community, work, health, leisure, security and their own homes.
This is an opportunity to use your skills and knowledge in a user-led community organisation which provides valuable support to people with learning disabilities. You will join a passionate, collaborative and friendly board.
Your involvement will make a profound impact in the strategic steer of the organisation. Your passion for advocating for others will help our organisation make changes happen.
Devon Link up would like to include new trustees who have the following:
- Skills and experience in business financial planning/management, digital communications and/or HR.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- A deep interest in human rights, advocacy, and making a difference and supporting the rights of people
- Have a commitment to the organisation’s mission to provide support to people with learning disabilities
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Appreciate the objectives of the organisation, why it exists and how it operates
- Be committed to preparing adequately for all meetings
- Willingness to draw on their contacts and networks as appropriate
The time commitment is about 2-4 hours monthly. The board meetings take place every 6 weeks at the charity’s premises.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.