|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||TrusteeWorks team|
|Job Published:||August 11, 2020 15:36|
We are working with Kinergy to find new Trustees to join their board.
Kinergy is a specialist counselling agency who support survivors of sexual abuse, sexual violence, or rape. We are an inclusive service and support everyone aged 16 and up, regardless of gender, race, or sexuality. Our specialist trauma informed counselling service provides a safe, accepting and supportive environment for survivors, so they can come to terms with the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.
We are looking for new Trustees to join our board and we are particularly interested in hearing from people with legal expertise or experience in local authority/ NHS commissioning
About the role
As the directing body of Kinergy, trustees have specific responsibilities. These include responsibility for directing the affairs of Kinergy, ensuring it is solvent and well run, and that it acts within company and charity law. Trustees are entrusted to look after the resources of Kinergy and ensure that these are used effectively for the overall purpose of the organisation. Trustees are accountable for their decisions and actions to the staff, the public, courts, funders and service users.
• Ensure that Kinergy complies with its Memorandum and Articles, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
• To safeguard the good name and values of Kinergy.
• To ensure the financial stability of Kinergy.
• Employ and support the staff to manage the operation of the service.
• Protect and manage Kinergy’s property and to ensure the proper and ethical investment of its funds.
• Approve and review policies of Kinergy.
• Commitment to the work of Kinergy;
• Knowledge of the type of work undertaken by Kinergy and a wider involvement with the voluntary sector and other networks;
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
• Understanding and knowledge of good governance;
• Strategic vision;
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort;
• Good, independent judgments;
• knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures is desirable;
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
• A willingness to speak your mind.
The Board of Trustees at Kinergy – what is involved and what does it do?
The Board holds overall responsibility for employment and financial viability of Kinergy. However, all day-to-day activities are delegated to the salaried staff of the organisation. A typical Board meeting will consider matters including the strategic direction of Kinergy, an update from staff on recent work undertaken by Kinergy and a financial report. Such documents are sent out several days in advance of the meeting.
What difference will you make?
As a trustee you will have the chance to use your skills to really help Kinergy in their mission of supporting those who have experienced abuse by helping them recover safely.
What can you expect from Kinergy as a Board Member?
• The opportunity for you to develop skills and experience in a range of areas including governance, employment, equal opportunities, fundraising, publicity and networking, finance, and policy.
• the opportunity to express your ideas and to be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated organisation
• To be able to access training and development opportunities.
• To contribute to a vital specialist local organisation.
• To be part of an enthusiastic and committed team.
• The board meets once every two months on a Monday evening at the Kinergy offices in Kingswood Bristol between 6.30pm and 8:00pm.
• Reading of all board materials as well as emails in-between meetings.
• Attendance at ad-hoc meetings will be required.
How to apply:
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.