|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2020 14:05|
Tribal Project began delivering services at the start of 2014. The community we serve comprises of people struggling with poor mental health and people who are currently using or recovering from substance misuse. Our community is often marginalized by society and are considered the hardest to reach by both the DWP and NHS. We use a groundgreaking mix of CBT, REBT and innovative creative media workshops, training and work experience. People learn skills in all aspects of multi media and our workshops continue to hugely grow in popularity and significance within the community we work. We give people training and focus to help them move forward, break the stigma associated with them and become community assets.
Tribal Project is looking for new Trustees to refresh and renew their board. We are a small Charity with a big impact and we need a strong Board and Governance to help us continue and grow our success.
We are particularly interested in people with a background in: Financial Management, Fundraising, Marketing and Organisational Development. However, we would love to hear from anyone who has been touched by addiction or poor mental health who believes that they could help a small Charity become stronger and better deliver our services. We have excellent trustee induction and training resources, therefore this role may suit a passionate candidate looking for their first Trusteeship.
- Fiduciary responsibility, holding the organisation in trust and ensuring public confidence.
- Overall responsibility for the organisation’s strategic direction.
- Ensure that the organisation meets its legal duties, remains solvent and is well run.
- Ensure the organisation delivers its vision, mission and values.
- To provide leadership.
Each Trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions. These may involve scrutinising Board and Committee papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives and other issues in which the Trustee has special expertise.
- The skills to analyse strategies and draw out the implications and opportunities.
- A commitment to Tribal Project and its values and ethics.
- Sound, independent judgement and a willingness to speak your mind.
- A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
What Difference Will You Make?
Tribal Project won the Innovation in Charity Award 2017. Now in our 6th year, we have a proven track record of helping our community within central Lancashire. As a Trustee you will have the opportunity to build on this success and help Tribal Project help even more people avoid relapse and grow.
What’s In It For the Volunteer?
Tribal Project was created with, and is driven by great passion. This is an opportunity to help a small but mighty organisation further develop their success.
- Quarterly board meetings and an annual AGM.
- We are looking for an approachable and enthusiastic candidate who is open to ad hoc phone/email contact if required.
How to Apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering or sent via email on email@example.com. Please submit a CV and covering letter. In the covering letter, please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join the Board and any other relevant details in support of your application.