about 4 hours ago
Join a friendly and professional organisation which believes passionately in the right of vulnerable young people to have access to talking therapies and support.
Your role as a Trustee is a key element for our strategic plans to come to fruition. Your skills and expertise will help Off the Record to continue providing its invaluable mental health services to the children and young people in our community and also expand our services to reach those who need our support.
Trustees play a crucial role in the governance of the agency and are key to running Off the Record and delivering services well.
The role of the trustee is to oversee that the agency is well governed and complies with government legislation, e.g., Charity Law, Company Law and Employment Law.
As trustees are a crucial part of keeping the agency running smoothly so suitable applicants should have commitment and an interest in improving the lives of young people. Note: this role is not suitable for a short- term work placement or apprenticeship.
- We are currently looking for Trustees with expertise and experience in Fundraising and Human Resources (We would also consider applicants with any one of the following areas of expertise: Clinical, Public relations / communications, Health & Safety, Legal and Small Business Strategy)
- Interest in mental health issues affecting children and young people
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- We would be keen on receiving applications from young people and representation of a minority group would also be valuable as we are keen to expand the Trustee Board to make it more representative of the Croydon, Merton and Sutton Communities.
The Board meet 5 times a year on a Saturday morning for 3 hours with senior staff, to oversee the strategic direction of the organisation as well as taking care of the charity’s financial, legal and employment responsibilities. We are also looking for Trustees to dedicate a couple of hours each month to project work related to their own particular skills set. Some ad-hoc communications via email/telephone as required i.e. working on specific projects related to the trustees’ area of expertise.
What’s in it for you?
You will join a friendly and dynamic organisation, where the mental health of young people from our local area is at the heart of our mission. We are a well established local organisation with great reputation in this area. Your involvement as a Trustee will allow you to showcase your skills and experience for the benefit of vulnerable young adults and children.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form available via the Reach Volunteering website and email it to TrusteeWorks.