|Contact Name:||Kate Hall|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2019 15:18|
Trustees are sought to support the development of Jumped Up Theatre. We are a small and friendly team who will value your expertise and opinions and you will be rewarded by making a positive contribution to the cultural life of Peterborough.
We are looking for people to contribute to the development of strategies and with particular strengths in one or more of the following:
- Branding & Marketing
- Local Government & Community
- Audience Development
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Fundraising & Sponsorship
- Qualified Solicitors
Trustees would be committed to:
- Prepare for and attend at least four board meetings a year, including an annual away day. (Meetings take place in Peterborough)
- In-between board meetings, following up on agreed actions and advocating for Jumped Up both practically and informally.
- Attend Jumped Up Theatre events, and represent the company at external events when possible.
- Be a trustee for a minimum of 12 months.
In the next twelve months Jumped Up needs;
- To grow the existing board to broaden the breadth of skills and knowledge supporting the companies ambitions.
- To review Jumped Up’s governance documents, from the role of the trustees to the relationship to the Creative Producer, and redesign them so they are fit for purpose as reflected in the company’s plans.
- To adopt NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations) standard practices for governing body.
- To review the development of a 3-5 year strategy for the board, including governance, partnerships and programming.
Jumped Up has been a Registered Charity since 2001. Trustee are voluntary and the role is unpaid although reasonable travel expenses can be paid. The role is that of a Charity Trustee which carries legal obligations and fiduciary duties, and requires compliance with Charity Law.
If you would like to talk to Kate hall, Creative Producer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email 07956 271285 suggesting times for a telephone conversation.
Application is by CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be a trustee, what you hope to offer and to get out of the experience. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a face-to-face meeting and to attend, as an observer, a board meeting on Monday 20 January (6-8.30pm, in Peterborough.)
Deadline: Monday 13 January 2020
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's