7 days ago
People First Dorset are seeking three new trustees who will add to the broad range of skills and expertise in our existing board.
Our trustees work as a team. We seek trustees who are able to speak up, as their expertise, thoughts and opinions are essential. We will do everything we can to assist people with communication difficulties if needed.
Trustees are expected to:
- Understand our purposes as set out in our governing document and make sure we follow it.
- Have read the 3 NCVO ‘Good Trustees Guide’ leaflets
- Be able to support our aims and objectives.
- Understand how we support people as a charity
- Comply with charity law and other laws that apply to us
- Attend trustee meetings unless there is a good reason they are unable to.
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives People First Dorset and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time.
- Monitoring whether the organisation complies with its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objectives, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
We are particularly interested in potential candidates who have one or more of the following skills and experience in:
- General business
- Marketing and PR
What difference will you make?
We are a small charity but still need a strong board to govern the charity, and ensure we are able to continue supporting and making a positive difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will be making a significant difference to helping enrich the lives of a group of vulnerable individuals, who need support throughout their lives. You will be joining a very friendly charity, known for providing extremely high quality work and in a professional manner. We have strong, established and positive relationships with many other organisations and supporters – including our funders, the local authority, health providers and other organisations we work alongside. No one day is the same.
How to apply
Applications to be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Deadline for applications: 31st May 2019.