|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 17:11|
About the organisation
The Hamelin Trust exists to support people of all ages who have learning disabilities and/or a physical disability, sensory impairment or who may have a mental health problem.
We offer a range of care services, ranging from short break respite care to our outreach service that offers care in a persons home or support with attending activities such as Scouts or school trips. All of our care services are designed to meet the needs of children and adults with multiple and/or profound disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
About the role
Hamelin Trust is seeking Trustees to join their board to help oversee the running of the charity. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great organisation and a committed team who provide an invaluable service to those with learning disabilities.
Trustee Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction, and is focused on achieving these.
- Ensuring compliance with the Articles and with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting with integrity and only in the interest of Hamelin Trust.
- Using Hamelin Trust assets reasonably and only in furtherance of Hamelin Trust’s objectives and avoiding activities that might place Hamelin Trust’s funds, assets or reputation at risk.
- Ensuring that the Charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
- Use reasonable care and skill to ensure Hamelin Trust is well run and efficient.
- Acting with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ensuring they are sufficiently informed.
- To contribute specialist knowledge/skills/expertise as required by the charity and to obtain external professional advice where appropriate.
- To work collectively with other trustees, the CEO and other senior staff.
The organisation is particularly interested in candidates with a background in health and social care. The expectation is that the trustee(s) with health and social care expertise would chair/sit on the care quality subcommittee and that committee’s chair would also have safeguarding responsibility at board level.
In addition to health and social care, the charity is interested in seeking to recruit trustees with experience in:
- Social housing
- Engagement with local authorities
- Marketing / Social media
- Social business
- The charity sector
- The board meets every two months
- Subcommittees: the Finance and Resources committee meets before each full board meeting and the Care Quality subcommittee will meet quarterly
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. In order to apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
0 - 0
Chair and Trustees
Unremunerated with reasonable expenses
Treasurer- Chair of the Finance Committee, Board of Trustees
0 - 0
Trustees with experience in finance, social housing, social care or income generation
0 - 0
Volunteer position, no salary.