|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 15:50|
About the organisation
We aim to provide the advice people need for the problems they face and improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives. We aim to help people find a way forward. Everything Citizens Advice does shares this aim. As a service we:
- Help people overcome their problems through advice, education and support
- Campaign on the big issues when people’s voices need to be heard
- Benefit society through the way we work
About the role
Citizens Advice Torbay is recruiting new Trustees to join their board. We are particularly interested in people with skills in the following areas: enterprise development, marketing and legal (particularly candidates who have experience in charity law, employment law or property law). The organisation has recently entered into a new partnership with Citizens Advice Exeter, whereby both charities share a leadership team, whilst maintaining their independence. This presents both an exciting and challenging time to join the board.
Each individual member of the trustee board has a responsibility to contribute to the discharging of the board’s duties. They can do this by:
- Maintaining an awareness of the business of the charity
- Taking responsibility for his or her own learning and development
- Regularly attending, preparing for and taking a full part in meetings
- Actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Monitoring whether the service complies with its governing document, whether it meets Citizens Advice standards and how well the advice needs of the local community are being met
- Monitoring the financial position of the charity and ensuring that it operates within its means and objects, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
- Supporting the development of the charity through participation in agreed projects
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of the charity, and acting in the best interests of the charity at all times
- Maintaining confidentiality about any sensitive or confidential information received in the course of duties as a trustee.
Each individual member of the trustee board brings their own skills and qualities to the board. They add to the collective knowledge and experience.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have one or more of the following skills:
- Enterprise development
- Legal (especially interested in candidates who have experience in charity law, employment law or property law)
Time commitment and location
- Meetings, currently every 6-weeks in Torquay
- Approximately an hour is needed to prep for meetings
- Meetings last for 1 ½ hours
- Meetings are usually held at 4pm, however the organisation are happy to be flexible with this time in order to work around other commitments trustees may have
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. To apply please request a copy of the application form.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's