Trustee with Property Project Management Experience
|Job Title:||Trustee with Property Project Management Experience|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2020 15:03|
About the charity
Aston-Mansfield Charitable Trust holds assets (property and investment funds) from which it derives income to support the work of charities which develop the community wealth of East London, and which promote a diverse and inclusive society in which all are free to participate. The most significant grant is made to Aston-Mansfield, a charity connected by common objects and unity of administration. Grants are also made to other projects, within the objectives and area of benefit of AMCT.
We will be redeveloping one of our main sites in Forest Gate, Newham, and making significant changes to the use of our Manor Park site, with a view to taking a more commercial approach to managing our property portfolio.
The Forest Gate site comprises a Community Centre, a New Business Centre, Social Housing and a parade of shops, adjoining a Crossrail station. We are therefore particularly interested in bringing onto the Board an additional Trustee with substantial experience in mixed use property project management with a strong property development background, in order to:
- To advise the Trustees on the long term planning for and development of AMCT’s property assets, in line with its objects and mission
- To advise the Trustees on the project management of specific property projects.
- To ensure that AMCT complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that AMCT manages its resources appropriately, and uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects
- To ensure that AMCT is accountable, both in relation to statutory accounting and reporting requirements, and in any authority that is delegated to staff or volunteers
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds
- Knowledge and experience of property development and property project management
- Ability to communicate clearly and work constructively with others
- Tact and diplomacy
- A willingness to listen to the views of others but also to speak one’s mind
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- An understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a trustee
- An interest in, and commitment to the mission, values and activities of AMCT
Trustees meet quarterly. Other commitments will include occasional teleconferences, reviewing papers, and meeting property advisors
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV showing what skills and experience you will bring to the board.
Deadline: 31 Jan 2020