20 days ago
Reach Volunteering is working with East Northants Faith Group (ENFG) in the recruitment of a new Trustee with medical experience to join their Board.
ENFG seeks to serve those most at need within our local community. Based in Rushden, East Northamptonshire, the organisation supports those experiencing poverty and associated issues, such as homelessness and addiction.
We aim to deliver services that help services users take ownership of their lives, by identifying the reasons people are at disadvantage and offering a chance for them to move on with their lives. The Charity’s mission is “To enable disadvantaged people to live independent and fulfilled lives”
The organisation operates under the name East Northants Community Services (ENCS) and is currently governed by a board of five trustees and has 12 staff members.
You will be part of an organisation whose mission is to improve the lives of those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged. We aim to treat the root cause of these issues rather than applying a sticking plaster solution. Our objective is to help people move on with their lives away from homelessness, addiction or food poverty.
Both the Sanctuary Night Shelter and the substance abuse recovery programme (Recovery House) admit service users who need physical and mental health support.
Helping service users who arrive at the Sanctuary with mental health issues is a challenge where the staff frequently run out of options and require support from the Operations Manager.
The Recovery House staff work with local health care providers to address physical and mental health problems as part of the Recovery Programme.
The Trustee with Medical Experience will:
- Assist the Operations Manager with reviewing and writing the operational procedures for the Charity’s services with a specific interest in health and well being
- Provide advice to Trustees, staff and volunteers on medical issues and in particular mental health.
- Signpost and advise on specific cases where service users have medical issues
The Trustee should have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of mental health care.
- A recognised medical qualification such as a degree in nursing
- Five years experience in the provision of health care
- Experience in the treatment of drug and alcohol abuse
Monthly board meeting (normally lasting 2 hours) and ideally the person should be available 1 day a month.
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.