20 days ago
New Dawn New Day has worked to support the wellbeing of women and girls in Leicester and Leicestershire for over 30 years. We started out as a community-based women’s centre in the 1980s, and we now deliver a range of services to vulnerable and socially excluded women designed to meet their multiple and complex needs.
We are seeking a Trustee with Marketing Expertise to join our board of Trustees. This is a great opportunity to bring your marketing skills to an innovative and forward-thinking organisation with an excellent reputation for success working with our complex client group.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in helping the organisation to develop and implement a marketing strategy which will enable the organisation to reach a wider audience.
Our ideal person would have:
- Successful track record in Brand Marketing.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
It is essential that they:
- are dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- have the ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- have the ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- have the ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
In a climate of reduced funding we need to raise increasing amounts of funding from public donations, events and trading activities to run our much needed services. Like many small charities we struggle to secure the individual and corporate donor support of the larger, higher profile charities. Bringing your skills to our charity will help us engage more supporters and become more resilient and sustainable.
By supporting us to become better at Marketing and PR you will not only be helping us as a charity to raise our profile, you will also be helping us to give vulnerable women a voice to share their stories and influence the policies and services that affect them.
We have a collaborative culture and value empathy and team work. Demand for our service is high and funding challenges are very real making this a challenging but highly rewarding time to become part of our organisation.
You will be part of a friendly, welcoming and highly skilled team of staff and trustees and we offer training and support to enable you to carry our your role as well as out of pocket expenses.
Attendance at up to 10 meetings a year, generally held in the evening from 5.30pm until 8.30pm, plus agreed tasks outside board meetings.
Deadline for applications is November 14th