Trustee with HR expertise
|Job Title:||Trustee with HR expertise|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 15:25|
About Burrswood Health and Wellbeing
Reach Volunteering are working with Burrswood Health and Wellbeing, a place of whole person care located in a beautiful nineteenth century Decimus Burton designed house & gardens. Burrswood means many different things to many different people. Its ethos of ‘whole person care’ is its common thread, weaved throughout its Healthcare, Social Care and Spiritual Wellbeing services.
About the role
Helping to manage Burrswood’s Human Resources presents both a rewarding and challenging opportunity, with a staff team of up to 150 and 100 volunteers. Having a Trustee with HR expertise will provide expert guidance on managing, staffing and overseeing the strategic use of staff and volunteers across the breadth of the organisation’s work. Guiding the board on key strategic decisions regarding the effective running of the organisation is central to this role and will add significant value to the board’s decision making.
This presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a well-established organisation that offers a unique, whole person approach to their clients, meeting people at their point of need. It’s a wonderful time to join as we continue to grow and develop by extending our outreach. Burrswood is located in a beautiful part of the country in stunning grounds.
- Working strategically to ensure the high motivation and performance of staff and that adequate support and supervision is being provided to employees.
- Addressing the issue of attracting and appointing the right staff with the right skills and values.
- Providing strategic oversight for a highly competent HR Manager to trouble shoot HR issues.
- Chairing the HR and Remuneration Trustee committee.
- Ensuring that volunteering programmes are fulfilling for volunteers and add genuine value to Burswood’s work also.
- A personal commitment to the Christian Faith.
- Experience of performance management, HR/employment law issues and implementing them contextually.
- CIPD level 7 or equivalent.
- Business acumen with the confidence and experience to ask meaningful, constructive and challenging questions about Burswood’s business activities and services.
- Proven organisational management experience at a senior level.
- Experience of setting targets, monitoring and evaluating performance and achieving results in either the commercial, public and charity sectors.
- Ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and criticise constructively.
- Ability to probe facts, challenge assumptions and identify the advantages and disadvantages of proposals.
- Good, independent judgement and a willingness to speak your mind.
- Ability to work as a member of team.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of charity trusteeship.
- Commitment to the aims of Burrswood and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to Trusteeship.
- Previous HR experience in the charity sector specifically is desirable.
- Four board meetings per year, (meetings typically run from 10am through to 2-3pm).
- Four subcommittee meetings per year.
- A development day once per year.
- It would be desirable for trustees to have the availability to attend other events and provide ad-hoc support as required.
How To Apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.