Trustee with Fundraising erperience
|Job Title:||Trustee with Fundraising erperience|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2019 15:17|
Pan Intercultural Arts is a dynamic London-based arts company using intercultural performance work to help facilitate self-expression and promote deeper understanding of our changing cultural identities.
We work with a diverse range of communities across London and internationally: empowering people to use the arts as a tool for change in their lives. Our participants include:
- women who have survived trafficking into the UK
- victims of torture and trauma-affected young refugees
- unaccompanied minor asylum seekers
- young people living close to crime and violence
- those affected by natural disasters, conflict and social prejudice (overseas projects)
Join our board as a Trustee and bring your fundraising experience to help us in our mission of empowering people to use the arts as a tool for change in their lives
Responsibilities of the fundraising trustee
- Oversee fundraising and make sure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways.
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior fundraising staff to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Advise the board on fundraising activities beyond the areas in which the charity has been regularly successful. These have been from trusts, foundations, National Lottery and government sources. Advice is needed on fundraising from, for example, individual donors, corporate donors, Livery companies and private trusts.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and approving budgets with real insight.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- A commitment to the vision and aims of Pan Intercultural Arts.
- Significant fundraising/income-generation experience.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- A willingness to speak your mind.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Quarterly meetings at 6.30pm for c2 hours.
Trustees may choose to attend events or be available to advise staff or to attend development meetings.
Brunswick Centre, 32 O'Donnell Court, London WC1N 1NX